CCR/CPEP Fall 2013 Seminar Schedule
Each semester the Climate, People, and the Environment Program hosts a weekly seminar featuring lectures by visiting speakers as well as presentations by CPEP faculty, scientists, and students. In some semesters the CPEP Seminar has a unifying theme and, in addition to speakers, weekly meetings may serve as workshops to discuss research issues and be a springboard for collaborative papers. CPEP seminar presentations are held in conjunction with the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (AOS) and are open to the public. Events are listed on the Environmental Events Webpage by the Nelson Institute and posted in AOS and other relevant departments.
All seminars are on Fridays at 1:30 in AOSS Room 811, 1225 W. Dayton St., unless otherwise noted. Please join us for coffee before the seminar at 1:15 in AOSS 853.
- 13-Sep-2013: Curt Meine, Aldo Leopold Foundation
"Sustainability in Time and Space: Communicating the “Big Picture” of Conservation History and Environmental Change"
- 20-Sep-2013: Chris Kucharik, UW-Madison Department of Agronomy
"Developing a Framework to Assess the Impacts of Climate Change, Shifting Land Use, and Urbanization on Ecosystem Services in a Midwestern Agricultural Landscape"
- 27-Sep-2013: TBA
- 4-Oct-2013: No Seminar
- 11-Oct-2013: Cora Betsinger, UW-Madison Biochemistry and Genetics, Undergraduate Reid Bryson Scholarship Winner
"Proteomics, Mass Spectrometry, and the Search for Ancient Troy"
- 18-Oct-2013: No Seminar, CCR 50th Anniversary Celebration
- 25-Oct-2013: Wilko Graf von Hardenberg, UW-Madison Environmental History
"The mean sea level. A history of science, technology and diplomacy"
- 1-Nov-2013: Simon Donner, Department of Geography, University of British Columbia
"Coral reefs in a warming world: Climate resilience lessons from the Central Equatorial Pacific"
- 8-Nov-2013: Brenna Holzhauer, Aldo Leopold Nature Center, Climate Education Center
"Climate Education at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center: a 21st Century Approach"
- 15-Nov-2013: Michael Notaro, Center for Climatic Research
"Projected Change in Heavy Lake-Effect Snowstorms Across the Great Lakes Basin"
- 22-Nov-2013: Feng He, Center for Climatic Research
"Glacial inception during the late Holocene without carbon emissions from early agriculture"
- 29-Nov-2013: No Seminar, Thanksgiving
- 6-Dec-2013: Karen Russ, UW-Madison Department of Geography, Center for Climatic Research
"The Hydrological Cycle Response to Rapid versus Slow Global Warming"
- 13-Dec-2013: TBA (AGU Week)