CPEP Seminar Series
Each semester the Climate, People, and the Environment Program hosts a weekly seminar featuring lectures by visiting speakers as well as presentations by CPEP faculty, scientists, and students. In some semesters the CPEP Seminar has a unifying theme and, in addition to speakers, weekly meetings may serve as workshops to discuss research issues and be a springboard for collaborative papers. CPEP seminar presentations are held in conjunction with the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (AOS) and are open to the public. Events are listed on the Environmental Events Webpage by the Nelson Institute and posted in AOS and other relevant departments.
CCR/CPEP Fall 2015 Seminar Schedule
All seminars are on Fridays at 1:30 in AOSS Room 811, 1225 W. Dayton St., unless otherwise noted. Please join us for coffee before the seminar at 1:15 in AOSS 853.
- 04-Sep-2015: No Seminar
- 11-Sep-2015: No Seminar
- 18-Sep-2015: Jiafu Mao, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
"Disentangling natural and anthropogenic controls on global terrestrial evapotranspiration and vegetation growth trends"
- 25-Sep-2015: Jed Kaplan, Institute of Earth Surface Dynamics, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
"The Effects of Anthropogenic Land Cover Change on Global and Regional Climate in the Preindustrial Holocene: A Review"
- 02-Oct-2015: Michael Notaro, Center for Climatic Research
"Shift in Arabian Dust Activity, Triggered by Persistent Fertile Crescent Drought
- 09-Oct-2015: No Seminar
- 16-Oct-2015: TBD
- 23-Oct-2015: Dan Vimont, Center for Climatic Research
- 30-Oct-2015: No Seminar
- 06-Nov-2015: Craig Johnson, UW-Madison Forest and Wildlife Ecology
- 13-Nov-2015: Anne Sophie Daloz & Ritodhi Chakraborty, Center for Climatic Research/Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
"Climate and Agricultural Change at the Third Pole: The Impact of Change in Precipitation on Small Farmer Agriculture in the Himalayas"
- 20-Nov-2015: Soo Hyun Kim, Center for Climatic Research
"Paleorecords of Asian dust flux from Hawaiian peat deposits."
- 27-Nov-2015: No Seminar, Thanksgiving
- 04-Dec-2015: James LaGro, Urban and Regional Planning
- 11-Dec-2015: Michela Biasutti, Columbia/Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory