CPEP Seminar Series
Each semester the Climate, People, and the Environment Program hosts a weekly seminar featuring lectures by visiting speakers as well as presentations by CPEP faculty, scientists, and students. In some semesters the CPEP Seminar has a unifying theme and, in addition to speakers, weekly meetings may serve as workshops to discuss research issues and be a springboard for collaborative papers. CPEP seminar presentations are held in conjunction with the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (AOS) and are open to the public. Events are listed on the Environmental Events Webpage by the Nelson Institute and posted in AOS and other relevant departments.
CCR/CPEP Spring 2015 Seminar Schedule
All seminars are on Fridays at 1:30 in AOSS Room 811, 1225 W. Dayton St., unless otherwise noted. Please join us for coffee before the seminar at 1:15 in AOSS 853.
- 30-Jan-2015: No Seminar
- 06-Feb-2015: Sheila O'Brien, National Climate Assessment
"Findings from the Third National Climate Assessment"
- 13-Feb-2015: Richard Keller, Medical History and Bioethics, UW-Madison
"Risk, Marginality, and Urban Space: The Role of the Built Environment in the 2003 Paris Heat Wave"
- 20-Feb-2015: Emanuele Di Lorenzo, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Georgia Institute of Technology
"Record warming of the North Pacific and failed 2014 El Niño."
***Note: This will be a joint seminar between CPEP and the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Colloquium.***
- 27-Feb-2015: TBD
- 06-Mar-2015: No Seminar, CCR Symposium
- 09-Mar-2015 (Monday): Matt Newman, Cooperative Institute for Research in the Environmental Sciences (CIRES)
"Empirical dynamical models of daily to decadal variability and predictability."
***Note: This will be a joint seminar between CPEP and the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Colloquium. It will be held in AOSS, Room 811 at 3:30pm.***
- 13-Mar-2015: TBA
- 20-Mar-2015: Renee McPherson, South Central Climate Science Center, University of Oklahoma
- 27-Mar-2015: Greg Nemet, La Follette School of Public Affairs and Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies
- 03-Apr-2015: No Seminar, Spring Break
- 10-Apr-2015: John Lenters, LimnoTech
- 17-Apr-2015: Peter Vitousek, Department of Biology, Stanford University
- 24-Apr-2015: Steve Vavrus, Center for Climatic Research
- 01-May-2015: Steve Laubach, UW-Madison Abortetum
- 08-May-2015: Rose Pertzborn, GLOBE