CPEP Seminar Series
Each semester the Climate, People, and the Environment Program hosts a weekly seminar featuring lectures by visiting speakers as well as presentations by CPEP faculty, scientists, and students. In some semesters the CPEP Seminar has a unifying theme and, in addition to speakers, weekly meetings may serve as workshops to discuss research issues and be a springboard for collaborative papers. CPEP seminar presentations are held in conjunction with the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (AOS) and are open to the public. Events are listed on the Environmental Events Webpage by the Nelson Institute and posted in AOS and other relevant departments.
CCR/CPEP Fall 2014 Seminar Schedule
All seminars are on Fridays at 1:30 in AOSS Room 811, 1225 W. Dayton St., unless otherwise noted. Please join us for coffee before the seminar at 1:15 in AOSS 853.
- 05-Sep-2014: No Seminar
- 12-Sep-2014: Jason Otkin, CIMSS, UW-Madison
"Monitoring Drought Conditions Using the Evaporative Stress Index"
- 19-Sep-2014: Ken Potter, Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, UW-Madison
"Adapting to Flood Risk in a Changing Climate"
- 26-Sep-2014: Webinar: Opportunities at Oak Ridge National Lab
- 03-Oct-2014: Shane Hubbard, SSEC, UW-Madison
- 10-Oct-2014: Joe Milanovich, Dept. of Biology, Loyola University Chicago
- 17-Oct-2014: Holly Gibbs, SAGE and Dept. of Geography, UW-Madison
- 24-Oct-2014: Dima Smirnov
- 31-Oct-2014: TBA
- 07-Nov-2014: Vijay Limaye, SAGE, UW-Madison
- 14-Nov-2014: Steve Jackson, Dept. of Botany, University of Wyoming
- 21-Nov-2014: TBA
- 28-Nov-2014: No Seminar, Thanksgiving Break
- 05-Dec-2014: TBA
- 12-Dec-2014: TBA