CPEP Seminar Series
Each semester the Climate, People, and the Environment Program hosts a weekly seminar featuring lectures by visiting speakers as well as presentations by CPEP faculty, scientists, and students. In some semesters the CPEP Seminar has a unifying theme and, in addition to speakers, weekly meetings may serve as workshops to discuss research issues and be a springboard for collaborative papers. CPEP seminar presentations are held in conjunction with the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (AOS) and are open to the public. Events are listed on the Environmental Events Webpage by the Nelson Institute and posted in AOS and other relevant departments.
CCR/CPEP Spring 2016 Seminar Schedule
All seminars are on Fridays at 1:30 in AOSS Room 811, 1225 W. Dayton St., unless otherwise noted. Please join us for coffee before the seminar at 1:15 in AOSS 853.
- 26-Jan-2016: Daniel Wright, UW-Madison, Civil & Environmental Engineering
"Thunderstorms, Hurricanes, and the Flood Hydroclimate of the Eastern United States"
- 05-Feb-2016: No Seminar
- 12-Feb-2016: Galen McKinley, UW-Madison, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, Center for Climatic Research
"Detection of Change in the Ocean Carbon Sink"
- 19-Feb-2016: TBA
- 26-Feb-2016: Thomas Rutherford, UW Madison, Agricultural & Applied Economics
"Limiting Global Warming"
- 04-March-2016: FIVE MINUTE PRESENTATIONS
- 11-March-2016: Sumudu Atapattu, UW-Madison, Law
"Climate Law and Human Rights"
- 18-March-2016: Mark Powell, US Dairy Forage Research Center
- 25-March-2016: No Seminar, Spring Break
- 01-April-2016: UW CLIMATE SYMPOSIUM: Peter Clark, Oregon State
- 08-April-2016: Soo Kim and Sara Hotchkiss, UW Madison, Botany and Center for Climatic Research
- 15-April-2016: NO CPEP SEMINAR: Louis Uccellini, NWS Director visiting
- 22-April-2016: Paul Block, UW-Madison, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- 29-April-2016: Gabriel Bromley and Ankur Desai, UW-Madison, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, Center for Climatic Research
"Does Morthern Hemisphere Snow Cover Influence Mid-Latitude Cyclone Trajectories? Weather System Implications for a Changing Climate"
- 06-May-2016: Shaun Marcott, UW-Madison, Geology
"An Evaluation of the Oxygen Isotope Paleo-Proxy in the North Atlantic Ocean During the Last Glacial Period"